Friday, April 13, 2018

JOYFUL PAINT???

By Diana McCollum

All month long authors have been blogging about things that make them smile. I must say all the things that make them smile, makes me smile too!

So I'm going to concentrate on what made me smile this week! I'm smiling right now thinking about the 'what'? It makes me happy and joyful.

This is the picture of our house. The faded paint had begun to chip here and there and it was starting to look sad.

The color along with the white garage door was so outdated.

Husband called the painting contractor and contract was drawn up and signed, new updated color picked out, six new matching outside lights bought, a new doorbell, new house numbers bought, and the work began!

Now, every time I pull into the driveway I have a smile on my face, and joy in my heart. All because of paint!!! 

What is something or someone who brought a smile to your face and joy to your heart this week?

5 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Your house looks beautiful with it's new coat of paint! Sometimes even a small positive change in the environment can lift our spirits - although this was a big one!

My husband brought a smile to my face yesterday when he finished another section of our new dog fence while I was out. Progress makes me smile.

Taking my friend to an appointment made me smile. Spending time with her is such a gift!

My sister Diana (you!) made me smile with her creative emoji strings in her test messages.

Kathy Coatney said...

Love the new color. It's just beautiful.

Deb N said...

House looks gorgeous, Diana. Amazing what new paint does for the spirit. Today, smiles came from talking to strangers at the grocery store. And I managed to hear 3 life stories - amazing what happens when you stop to chat. Of course my 7 item, quick in and out, list turned into almost 40 minutes :-) The 89 yr-old man who told me a joke, his entire physical injury history, and that of his daughter, had me laughing, in spite of the subject. He said to me - I heard once, "if one person can make you smile, you've had a good day. You did that for me." I almost started crying - instead I smiled bigger and said "you did the same for me." Other things that made me smile today - sun, mid 60's despite prediction of 50, first crocus sighting, lots of rain last night that now shows a tiny bit of green popping up among the brown grass, and having my door open for fresh air. Next four days rain, ice, and snow. But today means spring is coming and I can get through next four days with a smile.

Barbara Rae Robinson said...

Love the color, Diana! That does look nice. I'm smiling because I'm trying to choose a new color for a large area of our house: kitchen, dining room, living room, and hallway. They all run together so need the same color. Our bedroom and half bath are blue. I don't think I could get away with painting another large area a shade of blue. But it may end up being a gray tone. And I'm smiling because I'm back with a doctor who understands me and my needs.

Maggie Lynch said...

You are so right that a change of environment can make a smile. Paint is one of the easiest ways to do that. Artwork is too.

I had more than a smile today, it was a heart laugh because during my break from writing I watched two episodes of Comedians in Cars Having Coffee with Jerry Seinfield. They are 15-20 minutes long and they all make me laugh.

Enjoy your beautiful "new" home. I too see signs of spring, but it is slow. One day is beautiful and the next four are stormy and cold. But if I can get one a week I'm happy.